Electrical Panel Builder
Department: Controls Engineering
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Type of position: Full time
e-mail resume to Yeni@shsystems.com
visit www.shsystems.com to view career opportunities
Apply Now: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/827379/SH-Industrial-Services-Inc/MECHANICAL-TECHNICIAN
S&H Systems is a single-source, full-service systems integration company delivering dependable material handling systems, software, and post-sale support since 2002. We are looking for an Electrical Panel Builder with a passion for fabricating and assembling electrical control cabinets to expand our growing UL panel shop. We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience reviewing panel design documentation and schematics, building electrical control cabinets, constructing small electrical assemblies, and preparing panels/electrical components for shipping. In this role, you will collaborate with a highly skilled and interdisciplinary team of mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, operational and execution teams, and customer development teams. Your ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently, retain a sense of urgency, and meet strict timelines will set you apart. You will be empowered to explore new solutions and technology to harness the power of creativity and technology and translate them into state-of-the-art applications and solutions for customers. You will work closely with other panel shop personnel and the controls materials manager to delivery panels and other electrical assemblies in a timely manner, and develop effective and efficient panel shop processes; you will work with the controls engineering and applications engineering teams to help streamline and simplify panel schematics, improve handover documentation, and refine other electrical assembly processes. You will receive full support from the management and leadership teams to grow your technical skills.
Electrical Panel Builder Responsibilities
• Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, safety and performance standards, and specifications for an automated system project.
• Read and understand electrical and panel drawings and schematics.
• Use basic hand tools and power tools to assemble and modify electrical enclosures.
• Mount, wire, and label electrical components as detailed in electrical drawings.
• Follow all UL 508A standards and industry best practices while manufacturing electrical assemblies.
• Partner with internal team members and third-party teams to track progress, success, and gaps in panel building process and performance.
• Ability to identify issues in electrical schematics and work with electrical engineering teams to resolve issues expeditiously.
• Prepare electrical assemblies for shipping including packaging, preparing pallet manifests, and documenting shipments.
• Work cross functionally with other disciplines within the company to review projects, offer solutions, and hold teams accountable.
• Utilize Microsoft excel to track panel schedules, component delivery dates, and inventories.
• Interface with project management and warehouse staff to track inventories, receive parts, and maintain organized storage areas.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized workspace.
• Identify and track lessons learned logs through multiple project lifecycles.
• Travel up to 10% domestically.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and design documents.
• 3+ years of experience building electrical control panels in a UL listed panel shop.
• Expertise with UL 508A Control Panel Construction standards and National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Familiarity with NFPA 70E and OSHA safety procedures.
• Basic understanding of wire sizing, electrical troubleshooting, and electric circuits (24VDC, 120VAC, 480VAC).
• Basic understanding of PLC, VFD, power supply, and IO wiring and installation procedure.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
• Proficiency with CAD software (AutoCAD, Inventor, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.).
• Experience installing or maintaining industrial control panels in a production environment.
• Familiarity with material handling systems
• Formal electrical or trade school training
• Experience wiring Allen Bradley/Rockwell devices
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• 401 (k) contributions
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays
S&H Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or testing,
compensation: Based on experience
employment type: full-time
job title: Electrical Panel Builder
Electrical Panel Builder
Electrical Panel Builder